About Us >> Development Methodology
The development/code construction activities at Effexoft are high efficient and extremely reliable.
While the team is well versed with the traditional “V” methodology, the organization has successfully implemented iterative and agile approaches.
While our iterative approaches are customized around Rational Unified Process (RUP), the agile approach is centered on the Scrum framework. With RUP experts and Certified Scrum Masters & Practitioners on board, Effexoft employs the best methodology for the customers.
Besides the above expertise, we also have Six Sigma Black belts and ISO experts on board, working on process improvements resulting in immense value addition to our projects.
EID – Our Iterative Process
Our customary iterative process EID (Effexoft Iterative Development) is customized from RUP and runs through multiple iterations corresponding to Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition phases. Each cycle passes through a set of stages named E6 - Elicit, Elaborate, Execute, Evolve, Evaluate and End.
The Macro-life cycle for each iteration is as shown below:
We keep tailoring our change management process based on the situation and needs. A tailored change management process for one of our customers is as mentioned below (Guided by Six-Sigma’s DMAIC process at a higher level)
1. Define New system / functionality
2. Justify the change requirement
3. Perform impact analysis
4. Determine managerial, economic and technical feasibilities
5. Measure the parameters related to change (before making the change) and set targets
6. Approve/Reject the change request
7. For approved Change requests
- Plan the change (Low level)
- Execute the change
- Update the dependent elements
- Propagate & communicate the change
- Obtain feedback on change and if the change is not effective then go to step 71
- Measure the parameters (after the change) and compare the values with targets – if the values don’t match the targets then go to step 71
- Prove the benefits of the change statistically
- Control and Sustain change
- Train the work force
EAST – Our Agile Process
Effexoft has a very strong Agile practice called Effexoft Agile & Scrum Team (EAST) with Certified Scrum Masters and Practitioners on board. The high-level process is as given below.
The team gets started off with the Product & Sprint backlog. (Use cases serve as the primary inputs for the Product Backlog). Once a sprint is planned, the execution takes place in 3 stages – Elaboration and Construction followed by Evaluation. This happens in cycles and over multiple sprints. After each sprint (usually of the duration 2-4 weeks) there will be a release of the partial work product and a retrospective meeting, in which the past and the future of the project will be analyzed and necessary preventive and/or corrective actions are taken. Due to these frequent retrospectives, the team ensures that the project is on the right track and deviations are corrected very quickly. Each release is integrated into the previous release. After the completion of the final sprint, the product is delivered and a retrospective meeting is held. The following figure depicts the process.
The proposed project lifecycle comprises of the following steps, tailorable at any stage:
- Project Initiation
- Product Backlog Development
- Release & Sprint Planning
- Sprint Backlog Development
- Sprint Execution
- Intra-Sprint Integration
- Sprint Release
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Product Integration
- Product Release
- Product Retrospective